Artists & Projects Directory
Miriam has received generous support from:
- The MAP Fund, a program of Creative Capital supported by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation
- The New England Foundation for the Arts' National Dance Project, with lead funding from the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation and additional funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- The New England Foundation for the Arts' Production Residency for Dance Program, with funding from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
- The National Endowment for the Arts
- The NPN Forth Fund
- New Music USA's Live Music for Dance Program
Miriam is a National Performance Network (NPN)
Creation Fund Project co-commissioned by the Flynn Center
for the Performing Arts in partnership with the Experimental Media and
Performing Arts Center (EMPAC) and NPN. The Creation Fund is
supported by the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, Ford Foundation and the
National Endowment for the Arts (a federal agency).
Miriam is also co-commissioned by Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn, NY; Les Subsistances, Lyon, France; and Clarice Smith Performing Art Center, College Park, MD.
Miriam was created during a residency provided by The Joyce Theater Foundation, New York City, with major support from the Rockefeller Foundation's NYC Cultural Innovation Fund and the Rockefeller Brothers Fund. Creative and production residencies were provided by the Experimental Music and Performing Arts Center (Troy, NY), Brooklyn Academy of Music (Brooklyn, NY), MASS MoCA (North Adams, MA), Centro per la Scena Contemporanea/CSC (Bassano del Grappa, Italy), and Les Subsistances (Lyon, France).
Company Nora Chipaumire is a 2011 recipient of Building Up Infrastructure Levels for Dance (BUILD), a program of the New York Foundation for the Arts. BUILD is made possible through the generous support of the Booth Ferris Foundation, the JP Morgan Chase Foundation, The Lambent Foundation and the Harkness Foundation for Dance.