Hilton Als, of The New Yorker, recalls collection of events from 2014 that had special relevance for him, which includes Okwui Okpokwasili's "Bronx Gothic"
Among the projects awarded are MAPP International, for the development and presentation of multidisciplinary works by Lars Jan and Marc Bamuthi Joseph, and Cross Performance!
Reviewing Bard College's "The House is Open" event, Siobhan Burke, of the NYTimes, writes Scaffold Room is "driven by an unshakable logic, an imperative to be nowhere but right there..."
MAPP INTERNATIONAL Cultural Investors sustain our efforts to provide contemporary performing artists with resources to create and perform new works, opportunities to engage with the public, and platforms to further their role as agents of change in our world.
As a Cultural Investor, you will receive:
Special Invitations to live events:
- Intimate discussion & dialogue groups with artists and community members
- Global Artist Salons with artists from around the world speaking about important social, political and cultural issues
- Humanities events including panel discussions & symposia that bring artists into conversation with global and local issues
- Social gatherings with artists and other interested community members
- Film screenings and gallery exhibits with primary and/or collaborating artists
- Open rehearsals and other opportunities to watch and listen to artists work through their ideas
Targeted online communications by email:
- Performance Announcements about opportunities to see MAPP-produced performances in their area
- Behind-the-scenes looks into artists' creative process in photo and video
- Quarterly newsletters keep you up to date with upcoming MAPP events and developments in new works and other MAPP programs