Okwui Okpokwasili's 'Bronx Gothic' is on tour through the spring -- hitting Milwaukee, Chicago, Atlanta, Cincinnati, Philly and Austin -- check it out!
Ralph Lemon was awarded a National Medal of Honor from President Barack Obama. He was also awarded a BESSIE award for Outstanding Production for "Scaffold Room" at The Kitchen.
Nora Chipaumire continues her tour of portrait of myself as my father, which The New York Times calls “A no-holds-barred look at masculinity and the African male body in American culture.”
Dan Hurlin's new piece 'Demolishing Everything with Amazing Speed' gets a rave review by The New York Times.
MAPP INTERNATIONAL Cultural Investors sustain our efforts to provide contemporary performing artists with resources to create and perform new works, opportunities to engage with the public, and platforms to further their role as agents of change in our world.
As a Cultural Investor, you will receive:
Special Invitations to live events:
- Intimate discussion & dialogue groups with artists and community members
- Global Artist Salons with artists from around the world speaking about important social, political and cultural issues
- Humanities events including panel discussions & symposia that bring artists into conversation with global and local issues
- Social gatherings with artists and other interested community members
- Film screenings and gallery exhibits with primary and/or collaborating artists
- Open rehearsals and other opportunities to watch and listen to artists work through their ideas
Targeted online communications by email:
- Performance Announcements about opportunities to see MAPP-produced performances in their area
- Behind-the-scenes looks into artists' creative process in photo and video
- Quarterly newsletters keep you up to date with upcoming MAPP events and developments in new works and other MAPP programs