Artists & Projects Directory
Ralph Lemon/Cross Performance
"I'm less interested in the final project of a thing, but more in the conversation. Seeing the bits and pieces. I love that. I think what's so great about new media is its unfinishedness. The becoming part of it It's so brilliantly un-becoming all the time, and when it becomes it's less interesting." - Ralph Lemon
www.ralphlemon.net, a progressively unfolding art piece and archive featuring 'bits and pieces' of Ralph Lemon's creative process through drawings, video, photography and text.
Geography Trilogy: 123 Remix. This web documentary looks at the creation and presentation of each performance work (Geography, Tree and Come home Charley Patton) that made up Ralph Lemon's The Geography Trilogy. Created by Vivian Selbo for the Walker Art Center in 2006.
Before and After Geography. This web work is an assemblage of images, video, sound, animation and text from the creation and performance of Tree (Part 2 of The Geography Trilogy) that proposes a compelling model for how the stage and Internet might dialogue with one another. Designed and built by Vivian Selbo and Carl Skelton, with concept by Wayne Ashley, for the 2000 Next Wave Festival at The Brooklyn Academy of Music in New York City; relocated to the Walker Art Center server in September 2004.
- Ralph Lemon Press Reviews
- Movement Research Journal Article
- Art Papers (the efflorescence of) Walter Review
- Theatre Journal Review PDF
- Time Out NY Review of Kitchen show 2007 PDF
- Article: When the Stars Begin to Fall exhibit
- Times Union Article 4Walls
- NY Times Review: How Can You Stay...
- A Conversation Between Saidiya Hartman and Okwui Okpokwasili around Scaffold Room at the Walker
- Blog on Scaffold Room - Residency @ MANCC
- Sacred Spaces: Ralph Lemon, Okwui Okpokwasili, and April Matthis Discuss Scaffold Room at the Walker